Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flexible Edits

Fender: To edit this image I created a mask and an adjustment layer. I changed the image to black and white and with the eraser tool I revealed the some of the color with just a little of it's opacity. I then created another layer to turn the entire background black and reveal only the guitar and Fender logo
Fender Original: Rexburg, ID September 28, 2010 at 1:36 AM - 1/10 s at f/2.7
Contrast: For this edit, I created an adjustment layer and used the multiply option to darken the image. Then I changed the opacity to decrease the intensity and the eraser tool to take it off of the dark horse. I used a smart filter to make the dark horse more in focus and sharpened the edges.
Contrast Original: BYU-I Livestock Center, September 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM - 1/250 s at f/5.7

4 comments:

  1. I like the dark background of the guitar image it really brings out the guitar, I also like how you darkened the guitar itself to match the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guitar looks great. I love that you left the logo. I also like that you have only part of the horse's face. It is a pretty shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the guitar! You were able to give the image a vintage look which I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guitar edit is awesome! It looks like something that would be in a magazine or something! That's way neat that you took such a simple seeming picture and turned it into something like you did!

    ReplyDelete